Looking for the alligator?

The alligator was posted September 27, 2009

Saturday, November 3, 2012

10-27-2012 Frosty mornings

 
I was up early this AM.
 Coffee brewing smell does that to me sometimes.
Picked up the old canon and went outside.
 The man in the moon was snoozing.
 The air was crystal. Temperature low to mid--30s
 
 
The Top of the hill held a spectacular morning view.
 
The vista at the pond wasn't too bad either
 
If you look close, you can see the ice crystals.
Yea, I laid down on the ground for this shot
 
 
As the sun rose, so did the mist.
This a close up of a couple old broke pilings from days gone by.
 

This little bird didn't care if his picture was
being taken. He was after that bug.
 
 
 

 A Downy working over the twig like it was
a milkshake made with blue bell ice cream
 
Some kinda Grebe , I think.. Maybe you know.
I know he is sorta ambitious. That is more than a mouthful of fish.
I apologize for the lack of quality in the pic. He was on the far side of the pond .
 
 
Next in a long sequence of beating  that fish into submission.
 I think it took the bird maybe 5~6 minutes to get the
 fish positioned to swallow.
Unfortunately I didn't see the fish being caught
 
Bottoms up!
 
Waal, its not as dramatic as the alligator crunching the turtle,
 but I didn't know these quiet little unassuming duck like birds ate fish.
  
 These two waiting food.
 


 
Later in the day down closer to the river, these birds were out socializing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers